Wu-Tang Clan Knows Whats Up!


Sometimes in life, we all stumble across one of those interviews with the celebrated underdogs of society which makes us catch ourselves with biased thoughts about them.


Rappers in this case, is a part of that category. I mean don't get me wrong - I love hip hop and the rap culture, but the first thing that strikes me when it comes to a typcial rapper's eating habits is not really a health orientated diet. Well, I don't think they live on KFC, STD's and Crystal either but you get what I mean.
So imagine my surprise when I read that one he founding rappers of Wu-Tang Clan, GZA, is a devoted vegan.
Woho! I don't know why stuff like that makes me happy. Maybe it's because I begin to feel hope for humanity again. And maybe it's because I like it when two of my passions in life, hip hop and vegetarianism, make sweet unconditional love.

Eater.com has conducted a long interview with GZA aka. "The Genious" about being a vegetarian, but here are the best parts that made me go yeahhh:


"Well, I wasn't raised a vegetarian, I wish I was, though. I mean, that's really the best way to go. I just learned at a young age and stopped eating some things. As far as being a vegetarian it's a moral thing, a health thing, a conscious thing — a combination of all." [On how we was raised]


"It does make it tougher but it all depends on your diet. Like right now I'm striving to do strictly vegetables and fruit raw, so it's not too much of a problem finding produce out on the road." [On the challenges of eating out on tour]


"Yo dat's wassup!! You know, LA is filled with those types of spots. LA is one of those places where you just be ridin' down Sunset and you pass like four or five raw food or vegan spots. Lotta people in Cali on it." [On the resource of Macrobiotic food places in LA]


"...cheese is so addictive, it's hard! If I do eat cheese I try to keep it organic or locally grown so that it doesn't have to travel as far. I don't" [On Breakfast]


"You know, at one point we (Wu-Tang Clan) had disciplined ourselves so much that we wouldn't even eat in a restaurant that sold pork. " [On how eastern philosophy has inspired him]


"Yeah, none of the Clan members eat pork but you only have about four of us that are vegetarians, including DJ Mathematics — RZA, GZA, MastaKilla and oh! I think Meth is vegetarian now too! Cuz I used to always get on him with his steaks. I used to say you "you eatin' a pig pussy T-Bone?" He'd be like, "C'mon Jus, cmon, GZA, man stop!" And then about a year and a half ago he was like, "You know I'm a vegetarian now, right?" I heard Redman was one too now actually." [On the whole Clan being being off pork]


WORD UP SON!