When Vegan Bimbos Attack

Apparently vegans don't really care about what they put inside their bodies as long as it's vegan. True? As true as Britney Spears proclaimed virginity until her marriage.

I was walking around Notting Hill today and I went inside this shop with a colorful sign proclaiming "Vegan Healthy Food". They had loads of scrumptious stuff like "Vegan Vanilla Brownies" and "Sugarfree Raspberry and Almond Tart". I was like: Yay! Cruel-free and white powder-free treats! A must try!

But I couldn't and I'll tell you why. I asked several staff members what the ingredients were in their sugarfree tarts and non of them knew. The only thing they would repeat to me like parrots with dead eyes was: "It's vegan."

Uhm. Ok. So because it's vegan I'm suppose to ignore whatever else they have used in their tart in order to substitute the sugar in it and just go for it? Don't think so. I asked another staff member and she shrugged her shoulders right before saying: "I don't know what's in it. Maybe like flour, jam, margarine..."

I felt like hugging out of her. Margarine? Really? First of all, far from all margarines are free from animal fats and secondly it is a highly processed food and usually contains emulsifiers, preservatives, additives, artificial colourings and flavourings.

This is what pisses me off. Just because something is vegan, people assume it's healthy. No it's not; sugar, alcohol and cocaine could tell you that.

Secondly, and this is to all the vegans out there filling their bodies with chemicals substitutes: What is the point trying to save the animals when you can't even save yourself? If you are one of those who uses lab-produced substitutes for eggs, milk and cheese, I say you might as well eat the real deal. You're not doing anyone a favor by buying fake synthetic food and putting unnatural stuff inside yourself. You're just contributing to the fake food factories and the abolition of real natural foods.

So, next time anyone tells you that something is vegan and expect you to be all naïve and credulous - just say no.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!