Futuristic Lettuce

I have a food philosophy that goes a little something like this: If it's green and it grows on earth - it's good. If it's green and grows in a lab grown with technical equipments - it's bad. So you can imagine my confusion when I read this article. It's basically an article about a new Japanese invention called the "Chef's Farm"; a small vegetable plant which is capable of producing 20,000 heads of lettuce per year by planting lettuce seeds on nutriculture beds that includes long and thin metal frames.

Now, I don't really know what to think about this. On the one hand, this plant is producing salads which is good because we need some green weapons to fight of the fatty fries from the people. On the other hand....the salad is grown with 12 40W fluorescent lamps as lighting equipment in a little vegetable steel plant. That just sounds sooo...synthetic and too high-tech for a natural food worshiper like me. At the same time I'm not a conservative old hag that hates soy and wasabi and other "weird futuristic food".

Gahh. Inner dilemma. Should I Yay or should I Ney? What do you think?