Blame it on the boogie.

Woaw. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, “The total economic cost of overweight and obesity in the United States is $270 billion per year while the cost in Canada is about $30 billion a year, a new study shows.”


So...North America has a cost of 300 billion dollars a year which goes to the treatment of obese people. Woaw. I'm definitely not trying to blame obese people here; history has showed us that people will do/eat/love pretty much anything which is put in front of them: smoke, eat a 3000 calorie burger made out of a corpse, love Sarah Palin. I mean let's face it: people are in general not that smart. Unfortunately, our lack of higher intelligence along with our ability to adapt to anything has made us victims of war, slavery, oppressive regimes and so on. I say victims, but let's not forget that it was we, the people who caused all of this. Not marsians - people. Anyway, I'm getting a bit too political here, the point I want to make is that it’s not entirely the individual's fault for being fat. I mean plumper Joe maybe doesn't know that deep-fried corndogs are bad for him? Maybe we should teach him that? HEY I KNOW, I HAVE GREAT IDEA! Why not put those 300 billion into education and educate the chubby kids of America that mama’s mac and cheese puddings are evil. Eviiiil. Just an idea.