Do you want to look your best without looking "made up?" How about a skin care, hair and makeup routine that takes just minutes in the morning?
Here are seven natural beauty tips to help your bring out your natural beauty, without spending a lot of time or money.
1. The first step is to make sure your complexion looks its best. Doing so might take a visit to the dermatologist, or simply your nearest department store counter to find the skin care products that are just right for you. Ask your friends to find out what works for them, and get your hands on as many products as you can to try. Ask for samples at the cosmetics counter or get free beauty and skincare samples online and via free gift with purchase offers at your favorite online beauty stores.
2. Choose three or four cosmetics items you can't live without and try to achieve a daily cosmetics routine that involves these and only these. For me, it's concealer, lip gloss and mascara. Nine days out of 10, I'll use these and no other products at all. I keep them right in my medicine cabinet and then it's a quick application and a very natural look.
If you're accustomed to wearing more makeup, but you want to adopt a more natural look, start slowly. Reduce the amount of makeup you wear just a bit. Wait until you get used to the reflection that's staring back at you. Then reduce it a little more until you achieve the natural look you want.
3. If you wear foundation, take the time to find the formulation and shade that's exactly right. If cream or liquid foundation make you feel cakey and "made up," there are lots of other options for you to explore. Mineral powder makeup offers minimal, more natural-looking coverage (but you can achieve a heavier coverage if you apply it more liberally.) Mineral makeup doesn't feel heavy or wet on your skin and it can let the natural you shine through.
There are also some nice light powder foundations on the market right now that will give you the lightest coverage...just one step from the barefaced look. Another alternative is a tinted moisturizer.
Step up to your favorite cosmetics counter and ask them to help you find the perfect color. Know, too, that you'll need to adjust this color seasonally, especially if you aren't pretty disciplined about applying sunscreen.
4. Speaking of sunscreen, the best way to ensure your healthy, natural glow for years into the future is to wear sunscreen all the time, particularly on your face. And protect the delicate eye area from the harsh rays of the sun with some good sunglasses.
5. See a specialist for help with your eyebrows. Eyebrows have a really remarkable way of framing the face. The right eyebrow shape is an affordable, quick and natural way to look more polished. Pay a professional to help you find the right shape for your brows, and then do your maintenance (your weekly plucking) at home.
6. Get a good haircut. If you splurge and spend some money on a good haircut by a stylist who understands how to create a wash and wear hairstyle with your hair's length and texture, you'll save yourself hours each week. The right styling products can also help you achieve a natural look at home (fast), so make sure you ask for recommendations before you leave the salon.
7. Make your own natural beauty products at home. A quick Google search will turn up loads of recipes using simple, organic ingredients for everything from skin care masks to toners to lotions to exfoliating foot rubs. Chances are, you already have most of these ingredients in your home pantry.
Now that your natural beauty is shining through, help it to do in the future by making good lifestyle choices: sleep well, stay hydrated, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and exercise each day. Doing so will ensure that these natural beauty tips will work, both now and in the future.